Step 1 - Install An FTP Client
We recommend FileZilla, a free, open source FTP client.
- Download FileZilla from: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php
Note: Skip anything that pops up suggesting an add-on such as Ad-Aware.
- Run the installer, agree to the terms, click next, click Finish.
Step 2 - Add A New Site To FileZilla
We'll be adding a site to the Site Manager so that you can easily reconnect every time you need to FTP something to your website.
- Click File, and then choose Site Manager to open the window below.
- Click New Site and type a name.
- Host: ftp1.ftptoyoursite.com
- Port: 22
- Protocol: SFTP
- Logon Type: Normal
- User: <Given Username>
- Password: <Given Password>
- Click Connect